Website Pre-Launch Checklist
There are a number of things which are considered good practice on a website. This ensures you have a well optimised site for search engines and visitors. We aim to comply with all new practices and procedures for major search engines and get your website noticed.
All new websites come with the following:
• H1, H2 & H3 headings in your content
• Page Titles and Descriptions for SEO
• Tags and Categories for Blogs, Galleries and Products
• Business Information
• Regional Information
• Basic Information
• Connected Accounts for social media
• Marketing – SEO
• Marketing- Pin It Buttons for Pinterest
• 404 Error / Page Not Found Custom Page
• Browser Icon (Favicon)
• Form Storage – is it going to the correct email address?
• Image Labels – Alt Tags
• Image Focal Points
• Footer text
• Social Sharing Logo
• Facebook Object Debugger for sharing pages and making sure the correct thumbnails appear
• Custom Domain connection.
• Make sure that all your images optimised for the web and load quickly.
• Conduct cross-browser checks to make sure your new website displays correctly across all browsers and devices.
• Proofread your content one more time.
• Check all links – do they work? Do all links to external sites open in a new window?
• Test your functionality to make sure nothing is broken or not working as it should
• Register your website with major search engines.
• Integrate Google Analytics if you’d like to keep track of your statistics.
New websites designed by Lunar Digital come with all the checks listed here.